Life
this site the web

Spoiled Rotten?

Why is it, do you suppose, that some people get upset when things don't go their way and decide they don't want anything at all if they can't have it THEIR way?  I've noticed this quite a bit lately, usually in adults, to say the least.  For instance; Andy and I are throwing a party this Tuesday evening.  It is not a big deal, just kind of a small shabang--and there is one detail in specific that I want done a certain way, and Andy does not.  Now, he's been pitching some what of a fit and does not want to have the party at all; making claims such as, "I didn't want to have the party anyway."  

Now, I know for fact literally three hours prior to him making this claim, he was as excited as a little boy about this party, and was inviting all kinds of people he had not seen in forever.  But because he can't have one tiny detail the way HE wants it, he doesn't want to have it at all...

Things like this just don't make sense to me.  What on God's green earth could make some one act like that?  I mean, it isn't just Andy.  There have been a lot of people I've been seeing here lately, that do things like that.  I can understand how something in particular, if it doesn't go your way, can be disappointing--but to completely NOT want it just because of one tiny detail, one minuscule thing.  I could never let something so little ruin something I really was passionate about!  Could any of you?  If the answer is yes, you may want to sit down for a little while and rethink your priorities, and how hard you've had to work in life.

I think life is much, much better when I'm not worried about small things.  It is a lot easier when you're not expecting perfection or for every little detail to be exactly how you want it.

0 comments:

 

W3C Validations

Cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Morbi dapibus dolor sit amet metus suscipit iaculis. Quisque at nulla eu elit adipiscing tempor.

Usage Policies