Life
this site the web

Social Work--The journey of self-enlightenment, self-discovery, and the greater transformation of the human soul.

Alright, so my title was a tad bit too dramatic; but social work is a very dramatic field indeed.  It is tough and you have to be able to deal with things that will break your heart and cause many tears when you get home at the end of the day.  You see, my opinion of social work is that you have to go on quite a significant journey of your own in order to really be able to help those kids out in any way.  Most of the children and young adults that end up in state hospitalization or rehabilitation have gone through their entire lives with out anyone they can depend on or trust; and Mississippi's state social workers are absolutely wretched at what they do!

When I ended up in a state rehabilitation facility for drugs, I got to experience on the inside what it was like to deal with those people first hand, and most of them are so wrapped up in their own personal and social lives, they forget that there are kids depending on them to get them the things they need such as socks, shoes, underwear, clothes and I don't know, maybe--A HOME?  

I mean, I was simply appalled by how lazy, ignorant, and selfish these people were and constantly wondered--how did they even get this job?  Because the state doesn't care about those kids, that is why.  I think I've always felt, even before that, that God's purpose for me is to become a social worker and help raise awareness for how terribly these kids have it.  To give them some one they can rely on through thick and thin, who will find them good, reliable and permanent homes as best I can.  

One thing some of these people need to realize is, when you become a social worker there is such a transformation you have to make, character-wise.  You have to make a decision between what is right and what is wrong, for another human being.  You have to make a decision; go out with your friends and have a drink tonight, or meet with that foster family to evaluate and inspect whether or not it may meet one of your many current case's needs.  You also have to learn that not only does at least 80% of your time need to go to those children, but that those children aren't JUST your case work--they are also your children until you can find them a good, clean, safe place to live where they can be children.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I like my social worker she is nice and helps me a lot. ♥

 

W3C Validations

Cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Morbi dapibus dolor sit amet metus suscipit iaculis. Quisque at nulla eu elit adipiscing tempor.

Usage Policies