Life
this site the web

I, for one...

So I was on forum yesterday before I started my cleaning rounds, and I was trying to have a legit. discussion on the pros and cons of what might happen if they legalized homosexual marriages in the US, totally.  I was saying I SUPPORT it, but I was trying to discuss what might be the negatives.  Not saying what I BELIEVED to be the negatives, but trying to think of every possible scenario to discuss, cause I was in for some intelligent discussion.  There were some folk that got way out of hand with it, as though I was bashing homosexuals and what not.  I was doing no such thing.  I was trying to get people to open their minds and have some intelligent discussion for once.  I guess that is just not possible.  :/  People get hateful quick, and if a person can not have rational, intelligent discussion with out getting hateful or acting like a child, then they shouldn't be able to be sold a computer.  (:  Plain and simple.

2 comments:

- said...

If you're talking about the blogger coffee shop, then I know what you're saying. People aren't so tolerant on you saying what you want/think or just presenting general views without scrapping into it.

I mean, you hear the sheath where you "shouldn't judge"someone/something you don't know" and "it's my opinion, I can have it" but the street only SAYS that it goes both ways. Usually doesn't. That's why I don't normally discuss sensitive issues on the internet unless I'm careful (I'm sure you are, but again even that tends to back-fire).

I'm not saying there isn't a decent community under there, but just... yeah.

If it isn't that forum, then I suppose a whole lot forums are the home of screwy/conceited folks. It happens. It's a part of the chemistry that defines a community I'd guess, good or bad.

- said...

^Oh and just before I get screwed, I'm not trying to attack any one specific person 0_0

 

W3C Validations

Cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Morbi dapibus dolor sit amet metus suscipit iaculis. Quisque at nulla eu elit adipiscing tempor.

Usage Policies