Life
this site the web

Wow, haven't listened to this band in forever..

Dir en Grey

I love this band, seriously.  I'm not much into foreign music due to the simple fact that most of the time I can not understand what they're saying, but there are a few out there that I like, that honestly should live on as legends to the people that consider themselves lovers of REAL, substantial music.  Andy's always telling me, "it is not the lyrics that makes the music.  it is how the instruments are played and what the rhythm and beat sound like."  I can partly agree with him, simply on account that those attributes are very important when trying to make good music.  However, it is my personal belief that the lyrics play a very big role as well...  If you put justin beiber lyrics to the instrumental of free bird, can you really call that good music?  Regardless of music playing in the background, it would still suck, because every last one of his songs is incredibly superficial, to me anyway.  I, personally, believe that music is about 60% lyrics, 40% music.  Depending on the genre, of course..  If you're listening to pop, the lyrics could be about anything, as long as it is to a danceable beat.  

0 comments:

 

W3C Validations

Cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Morbi dapibus dolor sit amet metus suscipit iaculis. Quisque at nulla eu elit adipiscing tempor.

Usage Policies