Life
this site the web

Tick-tock; psychology and karma

I took it upon myself to study a number of what are called, 'players', these days and noted some very interesting observations. 

Subject One:  Jake
Backstory:  Jake is our old room mate, Heather's boyfriend.  He, a number of times, broke up with her repeatedly, using excuses such as:  "I've got my own issues to work out."  "You don't trust me." "I can't stand you, you're disgusting." And so on, so forth.  
Observations:  Jake used various excuses when he would break up with her, all of which he would some how find a way to place the blame on her eventually.  The last time he broke up with her, he told her that she was disgusting due to a yeast infection he had given her, and told her he couldn't stand the thought of touching her while she had that infection, and that he never would again.  Shortly thereafter, she decided she'd try and move on--and the second she did, here he comes playing the blame game.  He told her the real reason he broke up with her was because he knew all along she was going to start talking to another guy soon, and that he just couldn't trust her.  Another way of trying to make her look like the bad guy in the relationship, I suppose.  Shortly thereafter, she began dating this other boy.  Right when she started dating him, Jake wanted her back right away.
Conclusion:  I have come to the conclusion that Jake did not like the idea of Heather not being there for him to fall back on anymore; and that he saw this other boy, Jeremy, as a threat to his safety net.  I believe that once he saw his safety net was in danger of being taken away from him, he decided he was going to try to get it back for the time being.  I do not believe he holds any real feelings for this girl, or that the relationship is substantial or whole at all.
Outcome:  Heather has gotten back together with him.  It is my theory, that things will not last.
My Theory:  I give him at least the time span of anywhere from 30-60 days.  I give him this benefit of the doubt, because he is a very prideful person from what I can tell.  He has a lot of trouble admitting when he's wrong; and in order to obtain the safety net once again, I feel he went out of his way trying to convince himself and everyone around him that he was being genuine about it.  I think he will get bored after about two or three weeks, but force himself to stay with her for a little while longer in order to prove everyone wrong about him--then the second she does one thing, one small, tiny, minuscule mistake:  he'll leave her, and of course, she'll be the bad guy again.
Diagnosis:  I think that behaviors Jake has displayed in the bast 30 days, have been the behaviors of a narcissistic person.  He shares many of the symptoms with a narcissist.  Such as the inability to admit when he is wrong, his prideful nature, constant need for attention and being the center of attention, and selfish behaviors. 

0 comments:

 

W3C Validations

Cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Morbi dapibus dolor sit amet metus suscipit iaculis. Quisque at nulla eu elit adipiscing tempor.

Usage Policies