Life
this site the web

30 Day Blog Challenge: Day 28; Something that stresses you out.

Idiots.  :/  People who get pets but can't take care of them properly...  I know a girl who was keeping her 7 year old dog in a back yard with weeds as tall as I was, with broken glass and rusted metal everywhere, only gets fed once a day, and has no protection from the heat or weather and this is an extremely long-furred dog.  Brandi and I were supposed to be feeding this dog while this girl was out of town, and we went over there and saw the conditions this dog was living in, so we called her and told her we were taking her, and that Andy and I would take her in since she couldn't find a different home for her and might have to take her to the shelter (she's moving to a smaller home and can't take the dog).  She was thrilled, so Brandi and I took the dog and loaded her into the car and brought her home.  I am taking the dog to the vet tomorrow to get her paw fixed because she has a HUGE gash on the bottom of her foot that looks like it may be infected, and like it has been there untreated for a fairly long amount of time.  :/  So apparently this girl thinks, after Brandi telling her we were worried about the dog because of the condition of the back yard she was staying in, that we were being too critical and judging her and saying she doesn't take good care of her animals.

So I said, "You're right.  :/  I am.  If you can't take care of her, why'd you get her in the first place?  With all of the money you spend on fancy new clothes for Kix on Beale ST. and all the money you spend on books, shoes, and an assortment of other random bullshit--YOU COULD HAVE BEEN TAKING CARE OF YOUR DOG. " 

And she was saying she wants us to bring the dog back in the morning, because she doesn't want to give her to some one who is going to be so critical.  And I said, "If I bring her back, I'm calling DC Animal Rescue Society as soon as I get there so they can come view the conditions the dog is living in."

I mean seriously, I like this girl but she isn't taking care of her animal.  :/

0 comments:

 

W3C Validations

Cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Morbi dapibus dolor sit amet metus suscipit iaculis. Quisque at nulla eu elit adipiscing tempor.

Usage Policies